Ease of Maintenance:
Hardwood is a natural product that requires a gentle approach to its care. Water is the enemy of hardwood and should be used minimally—it can remove the finish and leave raw wood that is easily damaged. Harsh treatments or chemicals should be avoided.
- Use a soft broom or microfiber mop to remove dust
- If vacuuming, make sure beater bar is turned off or to a “hardwood” setting
- Use cleaning products specifically formulated for hardwood
- Do not wet mop or steam mop
- Wipe up liquid spills immediately
- Avoid walking on floor with pointed shoes like cleats or high heels